5. Task 5 (20 points): List all of the ethical theories and principles (i.e., 14 ethical principles under the part Principles of ethical conduct from Page 241 in Chapter 8 of the textbook) that are appropriate for solving the ethical issues in this case. Explain in detail why each principle is appropriate for solving the particular ethical issue. Length suggestion: 2 pages.
6. Task 6 (20 points): Using certain ethical theories and principles to recommend a plan of action for the company that will help the company (i.e., Chimerix) remain competitive and avoid such problems in the future. Explain the expected positive and negative consequences of the plan of action you recommend. Length suggestion: 2 pages.
7. You will be given 5 bonus points for sending your draft to UHV writing center to improve your writing quality. UHV writing center tutoring service is free but reservation is needed.
Guideline and Requirement
1. The length of your essay is about 8-10 pages (double-spaced, 12 pt Times New Roman font, 1-inch margins, excluding exhibits and references) in MS Word format.
2. Submission deadlines:
a. You need to submit your complete draft by 11:59 p.m. October 28th .
b. Final submission due: December 2, 11:59 PM through TurnItIn submission. Please submit your final paper a few days before the deadline so that you can have time to revise if the similarity rate is high. You can have multiple submissions but only your last attempt will be graded.
3. Before you start, read the instructions and the case twice. You should also read the other files in the project one folder too.
4. You should not conduct outside research for the case analysis. In other words, you should pretend that you are facing exactly the same situation and information presented in the case.
5. Your answer should be specific to the six tasks specified above and follow the order to organize your analysis. Please keep in mind that those topics are actually interconnected. You need to integrate your answers into a report with smooth logic and internal consistency. You are suggested to use appropriate sub-titles to make your paper easier to follow.
6. The analysis must be professionally written. Dont use bullet or lists. Write your answers in complete sentences. Please conduct spelling check, grammar check, and virus-check before submission.
7. Avoid laundry lists. Focus and organize your analysis. Look for frameworks from the readings or the textbook that help you organize and present your analysis.
8. Consider turning the question into the beginning of your answer. That is, if the question is, What are the key issues? begin your answer with; The key issues (include or are). This may seem simplistic, but is a very effective way to help you focus your answer on the question(s) asked and to earn full credit. Dont repeat the entire question in your answer.
9. You need to highlight the names of the ethical principles in your paper.
10. Please follow APA format for your writing (URL: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ ). Indicate any references you cited in your report. The references list does NOT count for length requirement purpose.
11. Not following instructions would result in point deduction.
Grading Standards and Rubrics
In grading your written assignments I use the following standards.
1. Rigor of analysis: You should use the appropriate frameworks from the class that are germane to the problem.
2. Logical consistency: Your writing should be logically consistent from the beginning to the end.
3. Depth of analysis and practical implications: Before making your own argument, consider alternative explanations and solutions. Then try to justify your argument or identify the situations under which some solutions are working better than others.
4. Clarity of writing: Papers should be addressed to a managerial audience. This means that you should outline carefully, write clearly and concisely, and use appropriate tables and graphics to support your argument, if necessary.