Assignment 3: Staffing the HR Department
Due Week 7 and worth 200 points
You are assessing the work design present in your selected company when you realize that you have not adequately reviewed the job descriptions, recruitment and selection methods the company currently uses. You will also need to make sure that the compensation and benefit packages are aligned with the company’s culture. At this point, you are realizing that you need immediate assistance, so you must start staffing your HR department.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you: (Cover page and reference page not included in page count)
1. Choose three (3) HR functions and assess the significance of each in adding value to your HR department in support of your company’s vision and mission.
2. Write a job description for one (1) of the HR functions you selected. Determine the specific degree (e.g., associates, bachelors, or masters) and certifications (e.g., SHRM, HRCI, ATD, or WorldatWork) needed. Include the level and type of experience needed (e.g., industry, managerial, customer service, tenure, etc.).
Note: The job description should be incorporated into the paper and is counted towards the total page length requirement for this assignment.
Hint: You can use the Occupational Network website for assistance
3. Choose one (1) recruitment method and one (1) selection method you will use in order to attract the best quality candidates for these positions. Provide a rationale for your choices.
4. Develop a compensation and benefit package for the new HR Staff. Explain how this package will provide a high return on investment to the company.
Hint: Review the article “Creating a Smart Compensation Package”
5. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment from within the past five (5) years. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
6. Format your assignment according to these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
Cite the resources you have used to complete the assignment. Note: You must have a minimum of three (3) resources for this assignment.
PLEASE USE REFERENCE BELOW IN ASSIGNMENT:
Lussier,R., & Hendon, J. (2016). Human Resource Management: Functions, Applications, and Skill Development (2nd ed.). Los Angeles, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc.