Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Team assignment –
Team assignment consists of report and presentation.
There are new and exciting developments that are taking place in the Business Intelligence literature that is constantly shaping the use and implementation of Business Intelligence and Data warehousing tools and applications in organizations. The primary objective of this research project is to provide a forum for students to investigate the practice, approaches and understanding of business intelligence as it is being applied in the real world to realize organizational objectives. Some of the potential research questions are:
1. How data analytics use can provide business value to organisations?
2. How cultural and organisational issues impact the data analytics?
3. What is the impact of data analytics in novel and interesting domains such sports, healthcare and cyber security? (Students are expected to choose only one domain)
Students are expected to choose one of the 3 research questions. There are two deliverables to this project.
1. First is the Proposal of the chosen research question. You are expected to deliver a shoer 5-minute presentation in class for feedback and approval by lecturer/tutor in week 7 during the lab time.
2. Final deliverable consists of a group presentation (10 %) in week 10 and a brief report (15%) in week 11. Presentation of your findings in this project would be of about 20-minute duration.
Students are expected to create and present a 10-15 minute overview of the findings from their Team Report.