Students can focus on a specific country or specific region. The research questions and working hypotheses have to be given explicitly and supported by current empirical research. The length of the coursework should be 2,500 words.
Reports are expected to demonstrate:
• Evidence of extensive research of the literature (including both academic literature and reports/bulletins by investment banks and international financial organisations);
• High standards of analysis and critical evaluation.
• Relevance and comprehensiveness of the content
• Professional standards of structure, organisation and presentation.
• Appropriate use of statistical material, tables, graphs, footnotes and references (including a full referencing list of all sources used).