Monetary Policy: Economic Analysis 3
Businesses are as vulnerable as individuals to the economic upswings and downturns of a national economy. Savvy business leaders understand how to see the economic trends as well as how those trends will affect the business.
There are two parts to this assessment. Please be sure you complete both parts before submitting.
• Explain how each of the following relates to the financial crisis of 2007-2008:
o Declines in real-estate values.
o Subprime mortgage loans.
o Mortgage-backed securities.
• Analyze what economists mean when they say that monetary policy can exhibit cyclical asymmetry.
o How does the idea of a liquidity trap relate to cyclical asymmetry?
o Why is this possibility of a liquidity trap significant to policymakers?
Organize your assessment logically with appropriate headings and subheadings
• Include a title page and reference page.
• Include 3-4 pages, not counting title page and reference page.
• Use at least three scholarly or professional resources.
• Use APA format for citations and references.
• Set your assignment in Times New Roman, 12 pt., double spaced.
Monetary Policy: Economic Analysis 3 Scoring Guide